Always make an extra…

dscf1300

The lid I made to replace the one that got broken turned out to be too big. Buggeration. I was going to put on a mask the next sunny day and sit outside sanding it down to size, but then I noticed there are cracks in the bottom. Either the bottom was too thin or I didn’t compress it enough while throwing; either way, stress cracks developed during firing. They only would have gotten bigger in a glaze firing, so I heaved a sigh and hove the teapot out. It was my second-favourite one, too. Oh well. At least there are three others….

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s