Kiln Update

It fired off okay. (And there was, as suspected, a second blown element.) The cephalopots all came out beautifully. The bug stuff wasn’t as blue as usual, probably because it’s a new batch of glaze and sometimes crap happens[1], but everyone else seems to think it’s pretty so I’ll stop being picky and accept it.

Everything was very hastily packed up and delivered to INTRD on my lunch break, still slightly warm. I have no more deadlines to worry about for a few days.

It’s a nice feeling.

[1] The blue drips were a complete and utter surprise when they first happened. I didn’t get any on my early test tiles, or on the first firing, and then one day my glaze turned very drippy and blue and busy. I was heartbroken, because it wasn’t what I wanted at *all*, but I’ve gotten so used to it that seeing it disappear was actually a bit of a disappointment. Clearly, I need to decide what I want. (And go over my glaze notes. There’s got to be *something* different this time…)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s