My youngest brother graduated from the paramedicine program at CONA yesterday. This is what I made to celebrate.
You will need…
6 egg whites, room temperature
6 egg yolks
2/3 cups sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp crushed instant coffee granules
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp cocoa
1 1/2 cups ground pecans
1. Beat egg whites until stiff, set aside.
2. Beat yolks well. Add sugar, vanilla, and coffee; beat again. They
are very naughty egg yolks. Fold into previously cowed egg whites.
3. Gently fold in flour and cocoa, then fold in pecans.
4. Bake in two greased 8-inch pans at 350/180 for about 25 minutes. Cool.
2 cups whipping cream
2 tbsp sugar (I used less)
1 tbsp instant coffee
1 tbsp boiling water
1. Dissolve coffee in water. While that’s cooling, beat cream and
sugar until quite stiff, then beat in the coffee. It will be a very
violent day. Spread between layers of cake and on top and sides.
Fried pecans in butter and brown sugar
melted chocolate drizzles
caramel sauce (cream, brown sugar, cornstarch and butter; boil and
then simmer until thick)
All of the above